A 35-year-old woman died on July 20 after unintentionally mixing rat poison into her Maggi. The deceased, Rekha Nishad, occupied a house with her husband and a brother-in-law in Malad’s (west) Pascal Wadi. She used to work odd jobs to support herself.
A woman died after consuming rat poison in her Maggi in form of a poisoned tomato that she put in her instant noodles in Mumbai, reported The Indian Express.
On July 20, a 35-year-old lady accidentally mixed rat poison into her Maggi and died as a result. Rekha Nishad, the deceased, lived in Pascal wadi in Malad (west), where she also shared a home with her husband and a brother-in-law. She used to earn a living by doing odd jobs.
In her testimony to the police, the woman said that she had poisoned a tomato to kill vermin. She unintentionally mixed the poisoned tomato into her Maggi noodles while watching TV.
She ate the noodles, which aggravated her illness. She was sent to Shatabdi Hospital, where she passed away while undergoing care on Wednesday. According to a police official, there is no criminal activity. There has been a report of an unintentional fatality.
According to data from the National Crime Records Bureau, there are more “accidental deaths” in 17 States and Union Territories than the national average of 32.6 per 100,000 people (NCRB).
In India, there were 3,74,397 unintentional fatalities in 2020, with automobile crashes accounting for more than 35% of these deaths, according to government statistics. However, incidents like this one, where a person unintentionally harms themselves out of carelessness and dies as a result, are extremely uncommon. In relation to the death of this Mumbai woman who unintentionally took rat poison by adding it to Maggi, the police have opened a “accidental death” case.