No one can deny that no one can understand a child as much as his parents understand. What is right and what is wrong for a child… Hardly anyone can decide this better than the parents.
On the other hand, for almost every child, his parents are the first role models. Even the smallest habits of parents have a profound effect on children. The Imitation Theory of Psychology also proves that children learn social behavior from their parents.
Although parents try their best not to do anything that has a bad effect on the child, sometimes some such mistakes happen and children make them a part of their behavior. In such a situation, these habits can prove to be harmful to them.
These are the 7 things that every parent should take care of…
- Many times we start criticizing ourselves about our looks and career. By doing this, negative things can happen in the mind of the child regarding beauty and success. Due to this, he or she may later complain of depression and irritability.
- Many parents are on the phone for hours. Seeing them, their children also start demanding mobiles at a very young age. This may affect their studies.
- Many parents have the habit that they ask their children to behave according to whether they are a boy or a girl. For example, if it is a girl, then they are advised not to participate in sports, and boys are advised to hide their feelings. Doing so has a negative effect on children.
- Never smoke or drink alcohol in front of children. Doing this in front of children can make them feel that there is no harm in smoking and drinking. Due to this, they can become a victim of this dirty addiction at a very young age.
- Never compare your children with other children. Nor should you ever scold your children in front of other children for getting low numbers. Doing so can hurt your child’s self-esteem.
- If you fight with other family members in front of your children then it can have a bad effect on them. They may become very aggressive at this young age.
- Never raise your hand to your children for small mistakes. If you punish them for small things, then a feeling of opposition can build up in them and they may even stop respecting you.